Sunday, September 16, 2012

Essie "Z" Mani

In my latest polish haul I picked up two polishes from Essie's fall collection: Miss Fancy Pants and Don't Sweater It. I decided to combine them with another Essie polish and use Jane of Nailside's Double Lightning Bolt tutorial (found here: http://nailside.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-double-lightning-bolt.html) as inspiration. I wanted mine to come out more as Zs than lightning bolts, and although I think that worked well the Don't Sweater It at the tips was too dark for my tastes. I disliked it enough that I only painted the ring finger and thumb and didn't add a top coat, as I decided to take it off right after I'd photographed it. I'll definitely do nails like this again (likely with Miss Fancy Pants again as well) I just think I'll pick a better color for the tips!








I used the following:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
Essie Miss Fancy Pants
Essie Good As Gold
Essie Don't Sweater It










No comments:

Post a Comment